The Institute of Modern Russia (IMR) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy organization—a think tank—with offices in New York and Washington DC. IMR's mission is to foster democratic and economic development in Russia through research, advocacy, public events, and grant-making. We are committed to strengthening respect for human rights, the rule of law, and civil society in Russia. Our goal is to promote a principles-based approach to US-Russia relations and Russia's integration into the community of democracies.
IMR is a federal tax-exempt Section 501(c)(3) public charity, incorporated in New Jersey.
- Committee for Russian Economic Freedom
- Khodorkovsky & Lebedev Communications Center
- The Harriman Institute
- Фонд «Либеральная Миссия»
- Kennan Institute Wilson Center
- EU-Russia Centre
- Ab Imperio
- Особая буква
- За Права Человека
- Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice
- American Russian-Speaking Association For Civil & Human Rights